Thursday, February 7, 2013

Candle Wax Removal: How To Do It

CANDLE WAX REMOVAL

"This past winter I used my gas fireplace quite a lot and as a decorative item I had a multi-candle display piece in front of it. One evening when I came home, I turned the fireplace on and forgot to move the candle display. Needless to say, when I remembered that the candles were sitting so close to it, I found most of them were puddled on the floor." - Leslie Oliver

Burning candles is a wonderful way to bring warmth and ambiance to your home. But how often has that candle dripped unwanted wax onto your tablecloth or carpet? So what is the safest and most effective way to remove candle wax stain without using harsh chemicals?



  • Dried wax spills on your tablecloths and carpet



  • Scrape off surface wax with a dull knife.
  • For a tablecloth stain, place stain between clean paper towels and press with a warm, dry (not steam) iron.
  • For a carpet stain, put several layers of paper towels down and press lightly with a warm, dry (not steam) iron until all wax is removed.
  • Move paper towels frequently, or change paper towel to absorb wax and avoid transferring stains.
  • DO NOT IRON COLORED CANDLE WAX - heat will drive colored wax deeper into the fabric and will permanently set the wax dye.
  • Apply cleaning agent to spot once wax is removed.
Thank you for reading my blog.  Please join my facebook fan page. 
https://www.facebook.com/Andrehardymelaleuca?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment